LAMOTTEDC 25 yd
FLRDDD914 49 yd
MAYNARD 1.98 miles
FLRDDEF4D 2.45 miles
LFNS 5.71 miles
FLRDE0308 7.74 miles
FLRDDFD34 8.46 miles
UNKNOWN430982 8.81 miles
UNKNOWN430901 10.43 miles
FMT483891 11.04 miles
ICAEF4189 11.76 miles
GAPSW 13.16 miles
FLRDDDFAE 14.08 miles
FLRDD8783 18.21 miles
- We receive all packets from the Open Glider Network. The goal of the Open Glider Network project is to create a unified platform for tracking aircraft equipped with FLARM and OGN trackers.
- We primarily get information about aircraft type from the OGN Devices DataBase, if the aircraft is not registered in the OGN Devices DataBase or if the aircraft does not want to be identified, the aircraft type indicated in the FLARM/OGN packet is displayed. We also adapt which symbol that is used based on the selected aircraft type.
- To get a better understanding of the APRS path I recommend reading the explanation written by wa8lmf.
- According to OGN, 4-5dB is about the limit of meaningful reception (but currently we still save packets with low SNR).
- According to OGN, it is recommended that you ignore packets that have a high CRC error rate (>5) as their information may be corrupt (but currently we still save packets with high CRC error rate).
- Position accordning to the Google geocoding service, based on the reported latitude and longitude (if we get no valid position from the Google gecoding service we will show the latitude and longitude).
- This is the Maidenhead Grid Square Locator, used by ham radio operators to specify a location (using few characters).
- 1rot is the standard aircraft rotation rate of 1 half-turn per minute (equal to 1.5° per second).