OGFLR via qAS,SPAlbigny
Signal to Noise Ratio4:
- We receive all packets from the Open Glider Network. The goal of the Open Glider Network project is to create a unified platform for tracking aircraft equipped with FLARM and OGN trackers.
- We primarily get information about aircraft type from the OGN Devices DataBase, if the aircraft is not registered in the OGN Devices DataBase or if the aircraft does not want to be identified, the aircraft type indicated in the FLARM/OGN packet is displayed. We also adapt which symbol that is used based on the selected aircraft type.
- To get a better understanding of the APRS path I recommend reading the explanation written by wa8lmf.
- According to OGN, 4-5dB is about the limit of meaningful reception (but currently we still save packets with low SNR).
- According to OGN, it is recommended that you ignore packets that have a high CRC error rate (>5) as their information may be corrupt (but currently we still save packets with high CRC error rate).