The goal of this website is to present Glider tracking data in a user friendly way. All data published on this website is received from the OGN network (Open Glider Network).
The OGN community project maintains a unified tracking platform for gliders and other GA aircraft. Currently OGN focuses on tracking aircraft equipped with FLARM, FLARM-compatible devices or OGN tracker.
This website is maintained by me Per Qvarforth SM4WJF (I'm a Swedish ham radio operator).
This website uses the product "Track Direct", developed by me. The product "Track Direct" consists of several modules used by tracking websites.
- The Track Direct Collector
- The Track Direct Websocket Server
- The Track Direct Website Framework
- The Track Direct Symbol Generator
- The Track Direct Heatmap Creator
Websites that use "Track Direct"
Please feel free to contact me by email: email@example.com.
If you have feedback regarding the website functionality or if you have found an error I will do my best to fix it.
- All data is collected from the OGN network (Open Glider Network).
- The real time feed is achived by letting the browser connect to our own APRS-IS server through a websocket connection (with no intermediate database-server).
- The heatmap that is shown when you zoom out is generated once every hour.
- The initial map position is based on your IP address. This is achived by using the GeoLite2 data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com.
- The geographical data like city locations is received from http://www.geonames.org/.
- Thanks to everyone that has been involved in the OGN project
- Thanks to Bob Bruninga, WB4APR for developing APRS.
- Thanks to Rossen Georgiev for the APRS library for Python, used for interacting with our APRS-IS server.
- Thanks to Matti Aarnio, OH2MQK and Heikki Hannikainen, OH7LZB for aprsc (an APRS-IS server for Linux)
- Thanks to Jeffrey J. Guy for heatmap (a Python module used to create heatmaps).
- Thanks to all users that has tested this website!